Setting up camera parameters in nvarguscamerasrc

Hi
I am trying to set up camera parameters for argus

source = Gst.ElementFactory.make("nvarguscamerasrc", "camera-stream")

source.set_property("ispdigitalgainrange", (1, 256))
source.set_property("exposuretimerange", (20000.0, 33698000.0))
source.set_property("gainrange", (1.0, 8.0))

However I get

GST_ARGUS: NvArgusCameraSrc: Setting ISP Digital Gain Range : (1, 256)
GST_ARGUS: Invalid ISP Digital Gain Range Input
GST_ARGUS: NvArgusCameraSrc: Setting Exposure Time Range : (20000.0, 33698000.0)
GST_ARGUS: Invalid Exposure Time Range Input
GST_ARGUS: NvArgusCameraSrc: Setting Gain Range : (1.0, 8.0)
GST_ARGUS: Invalid Gain Range Input

I think this means the way I input the parameters are not correct. I tried to find a document that documents this and was unsuccessful. can you please help me set these parameters.

Cheers,
Ganindu

P.S I’m not sure if this is due to the custom camera driver. or a generic nvidia thing.

Please reference to nvgstapp(nvgstcapture.c) to set them by g_obj_set()

L4T Driver Package (BSP) Sources

Hi, In the nvgstcapture.c I couldn’t find a reference to g_obj_set(), however I am a bit familiar with the pattern g_object_set (G_OBJECT (element-name), "property", "value", NULL); as I had to slightly modify the nvarguscamerasrc to work with our custom setup. ( which I did in the C land and I’m happy with it).

This new question became when I was doing more DL and network building type of work in python. I saw the element-name.set_property('property', value) pattern which actually seemed equivalent to g_object_set and I thought if it works for streammux it woud work with the source setup, so basically I tried porting my C bits from my custom nvarguscamerasrc to python.

So in summary: setting up camera parameters in the python (pyds) is not supported (natively) by nvidia?

I can’t tell that. But if element-name.set_property(‘property’, value) follow gstreamer suppose should be work.

Hmm… that is what I thought as well. I tried the combinations I could think of. tuples, list, arrays etc. not sure if I missed the right one somehow because it is presented slightly differently.

Apologies: I found the correct format eventually., However some of these settings are subject to the camera capabilities.(I was using an incompatible format earlier)

gst-inspect had the correct format template :)

source.set_property("ispdigitalgainrange", "1 256")
    source.set_property("exposuretimerange", "20000 33698000")
    source.set_property("gainrange", "1.0, 8.0")