Shrinking partition ready for mass deployment?

Hi, we are looking at creating an image that will be shrunk before being deployed to circa 30 nano boards.
I have been looking at the deployment issue but have hit a wall with the resize2fs process.

I found this topic (https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1050990/jetson-nano/how-can-i-back-up-the-image-/post/5376972/#5376972) which gives the advice of running resize2fs to shrink the primary partition to speed up writing to the MicroSD card.

Testing this I have ran into the following problem

aaran@HP-SpectreXT-Pro-13-b000-PC:~$ sudo resize2fs -Mp /dev/mmcblk0p1
[sudo] password for scag:
resize2fs 1.44.1 (24-Mar-2018)
Please run 'e2fsck -f /dev/mmcblk0p1' first.

aaran@HP-SpectreXT-Pro-13-b000-PC:~$ sudo e2fsck -f /dev/mmcblk0p1
e2fsck 1.44.1 (24-Mar-2018)
Superblock has an invalid journal (inode 8).
Clear<y>? yes
*** journal has been deleted ***

The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 15234043 blocks
The physical size of the device is 490200 blocks
Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
Abort<y>? no
Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
Error reading block 547013 (Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read).  Ignore error<y>? yes
Force rewrite<y>? yes
Inode 1688 has an invalid extent node (blk 547013, lblk 0)
Clear<y>? yes
Error writing block 547013 (No space left on device) while reading inode and block bitmaps.  Ignore error<y>? yes
Error reading block 524288 (Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read) while reading inode and block bitmaps.  Ignore error<y>? yes
Force rewrite<y>? yes
Error reading block 524304 (Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read) while reading inode and block bitmaps.  Ignore error<y>?

As this is just a trial on a fresh install of the OS I am not too worried about breaking the system, however the above command seems to get stuck in a never ending loop of block read errors.

What could be causing the errors? As its a fresh system, all that has been done is a single boot into the OS to allow it to assign language, timezone, keyboard, etc.

Hi aarangrimley,

Not sure if it can really work, you could also refer to [url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1061832/jetson-nano/shink-system-image-of-jetson-nano-for-smaller-size-sd-card/[/url]