Simulating calibrated camera

Hi guys,

I am trying to simulate a calibrated camera with all the focal length, skewness, principal point paramaters with Opitx. However, the optix SDK only use the eye, u, v, and w to set up the camera viewpoint. Do you have any suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Hi kglory,

You can check the cook sample in the OptiX samples directory. The file dof_camera.cu implements a DOF camera, which includes focal length and jitter.

Best,
GM

Thank GM for your reply.

Another question that I have is about tracing a subpixel point. Basically, my application doesn’t really need to do any cool graphics stuff. All I need is to know precisely the 3D location of a certaint point (pixel or subpixel) when I shoot a ray from that point to the object. Is it possible to do this in Optix?

Thanks,
kglory.

Hi kglory,

Yes, many OptiX applications do not have a graphical output. You can just use OptiX to trace rays but not generate any resulting image. In most samples, OptiX is called from inside a GLUT display loop in order to refresh the image as needed (change of position, change of camera view, etc), but you do not need to do that.

Best,
GM