Taking an image backup of the Jetson

Hi would someone be able to give me some advice on the best way to take a full image backup of my jetson once we have set it up?

Thanks

if using sdcard
you may clone the sdcard[ to a file or another sdcard] e.g. at Host PC[x86_64] using a card reader & dd or any other image cloning app

1 Like

Btw, you would only back up the rootfs. You wouldn’t want to try to back up any other partition. If using an eMMC model (versus SD card), then you could clone to a host PC from the “Linux_for_Tegra/” directory with the following (make sure you have about 50GB of free space on the host PC before starting):

sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G my_backup.img jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc mmcblk0p1

(adjust the target for whatever the correct device is, e.g., NX dev kit versus eMMC model)

The above would produce sparse file “my_backup.img”, and would also produce raw clone “my_backup.img.raw”. Both can be used for flashing, but the raw file is more flexible at the cost of being much larger.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.