TC358743 module missing on 32.7.1 kernel menuconfig

Hardware & Software Details:
Kernel: L4T 32.7.1[ JetPack 4.6.1 DP ]
Kernel Version: 4.9.253
Developer Kit Model: P3450
Embedded System model: Jetson Nano

Hello, I am trying to compile a custom kernel for our Jetson devices. I am following this guide Toshiba TC358743 | TC358743 Linux Driver for Jetson (ridgerun.com) However, the menu option for TC358743 is missing on my case, only TC358840 is available. What can be done to overcome this?

Thank you in advance.

I found it under “I2C Encoders, decoders, sensors and other helper chips” instead of “NVIDIA overlay Encoders, decoders, sensors and other helper chips”.

1 Like

Glad to know you found the option.

Hi. I followed that helpful guide at Ridgerun’s wiki a couple of months ago, and yes it will build a valid driver as built in or loadable module as per your direction. However, you will not get a /dev/video0 without also updating device tree (at least I diidn’t).

I started down that path, hoping to have the tc358743 and CSI camera usable simultaneously on the B01 rev JN. Then I discovered old threads here where folk had gotten some functionality. It does appear to have issues eg I cannot capture at 1080p30, only p50 or p60, and CSI camera is unavailable. That thread is here if you need it: No captured data from v4l2 driver (TC358743) - #85 by phil1

Yes we never really found a stable solution to this one.

I haven’t looked at it for a while, hoping that the functionality would find its way into the JetPack, I assume it hasn’t yet?

Phil

Sorry Phil didn’t realise I had pinged you when writing that link. One thing I thought I had done neater than in that thread, rather than hacking it into the driver source, was to use a fixed-clock source in the device tree (to represent the 27MHz on-board xtal, no clock needs to be provided by the tegra CSI peripheral). I was still a long way from integrating it in to the v4l2 & argus camera pipelines before I moved on.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.