Tegra version 4.9.253 can't find the device tree for Cameras

I’m taking the source from:
wget https://developer.download.nvidia.com/embedded/L4T/r32-3-1_Release_v1.0/Sources/T210/public_sources.tbz2
Can’t find the ‘device tree’ files for Xavier NX:
xxx-camera-imx390-a00.dtsi
xxx-camera-imx185-a00.dtsi
Where can I find them?

Both the l4t version and the SoC you chose are wrong… 32.3.1 is 4.9.140 and T210 is Jetson Nano/TX1.

After digging in the code tree I find in directory:
//Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t210/jetson/kernel-dts/jetson-platforms/tegra210-jetson-cv-camera-imx185-a00.dtsi
But there is no Make file in this directory to build the DTBs of this directoy, can some one send me an example of how to build the Makefile in this directory and how to activate it as part of the global ‘device tree’ make.

Hi,

Why are you still using the wrong dtb file? As I said, “T210” is for TX1 and Nano. Xavier NX won’t use this DTB.

The whole tarball you are using is wrong one.

can you send me link to the right place for the right version, I’m new in linux and didn’t find the right version…

I already sent you the web page in the first comment I shared. Go to check that website first. All the resources are over there.

This is not related to linux at all. This is just jeston specific.

Thanks for your patient, finally I find the right version…(:)

1 Like

Now I want to add my own Camera .dtsi file, I put my files in directories:
./hardware/nvidia/platform/t19x/common/kernel-dts/t19x-common-modules/
./hardware/nvidia/platform/t19x/common/kernel-dts/t19x-common-modules/
Like the tegra194-p2822-0000-camera-imx185-a00.dtsi file.
In which Makefile (and how) I have to add my files to be compiled as part of the global ‘device tree’
Thanks,
Dudi

You can check the developer guide over the same website with “Kernel customization” section. This part will teach you how to build dtb file.

I have downloaded the Xavier NX version and don’t have the :
/hardware/nvidia/platform/t19x/galen/kernel-dts/tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtsi file in that directory
Only .dts files and one Makfile are there and I can’t do the following from the manual ‘kernel configuration’ :

To register a device using the main platform device tree file
1.Locate and edit the .dtsi file:
/hardware/nvidia/platform/t19x/galen/kernel-dts/tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtsi
2.Remove the following line from the file:
#include “tegra194-camera-plugin-manager.dtsi”
3.Replace the following line:
#include “common/tegra194-p2822-camera-modules.dtsi”
With an #include statement specifying the DTSI file for your new device.
Save and close the file.

What wrong with the version I have?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Then just include that dts instead of dtsi. Or just rename it to dtsi.

What document are you referring to?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.