Goal: intall CUDA for nvidia qtx 750 ti
in scientific linux 6.5 (RHEL 6
Done: downloaded cuda_6.0.26_rc_linux64.run
#sh ./cuda_6.0.26_rc_linux64.run (in folder where downloaded)
Challenge: *** gzip extration failed - ensure there is enough space in temp ***
- temp of which disk ?
- how much does it need ?
- how to configure more space and to which program?
a) to gzip ?
b) to nvidia program?
- how to extract in empty 1TB partition?
a) is ext4 file format ok ?
- how to extract in .3TB partition?
b) is ntfs ok (ntfs-3g drivers installed)
- how much space does it need in system/boot drive?
c) .32TB - space required by sl 6.5
- why did it try other drives or at least told how much
it needed and how much did it think was available?
thanks in advance for any advice
- all hard disks seem to have hundreds of gigabytes free?
- is the install 32-bit program with max 2TB problem?
- assumed .run download is better than .rpm, is it?
- created tmp to all hard disks (they have temp)