Tesla k20c ubuntu driver

Hello all,
I recently installed a Tesla k20c on a Ubuntu 12.04 64bit machine. Unfortunately, even the earliest drivers (310.09) are not packaged in the official repositories. So, I installed the latest one (313.19 beta) from https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa. The installation went fine and the driver recognized k20c fine. I was even able to run a few opencl test programs. However, once a gpu program fails (for any reason), I cannot run any gpu code unless I restart the machine. The reason is when I call clCreateContext for the Tesla, it hangs forever. Did anybody have a similar issue? Also, if anybody got the k20c working under ubuntu 12.04 64bit, which driver are you using?

many thanks!

I have been testing the 313.19 driver with two GTX 580 so far and no problems. So I think the problem is with the opencl drivers of K20c. Can anyone confirm this?

Hello

Do you have something?
I have been installed a Tesla k 20 on Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits too. The driver is 319.12, but after installed if I try #lspci i have the following

06:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1022 (rev a1)

Is it right?

On machine that i have tesla c1060, if i try lspci i have

05:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT200 [Tesla C1060] (rev a1)

Other thing, i’m a newbie in GPU, what is the test program that i must run ?

thanks!

@aliosmanulusoy

If some of the CUDA OpenCL samples worked fine, presumably the issue is not the drivers… however you can try an earlier build and see if the problem remains.

@Brunoac

lspci will give you information reported by PCI bus, so it will be different across both machines since the PCI bus number could be different (as is in this case, 05 vs 06). A better test to know if everything is set up is to compile the examples in the CUDA SDK and try a few of them. Keep in mind you will either have to comment dependencies on the 4.7 gcc/g++ compilers or set up gcc/g++ 4.4 under Ubuntu 12.04 to compile the examples successfully.