There are some gstream warnings after installing Deepstream 6.0

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

**• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) **
Jetson
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version

• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
bugs
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
installing deepstream 6.0 by deb
and run gst-launch-1.0
there would be four warning at fisrt time
and then four wrong plugin would be locked by gst-inspect-1.0’s blacklist
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)
libnvdsgst_preprocess.so
libnvdsgst_udp.so
libnvdsgst_inferserver.so
libcustom2d_preprocess.so

(gst-plugin-scanner:16315): GStreamer-WARNING **: 14:14:53.225: Failed to load plugin ‘/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/deepstream/libnvdsgst_preprocess.so’: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/deepstream/libnvdsgst_preprocess.so: undefined symbol: NvBufSurfTransformAsync

(gst-plugin-scanner:16315): GStreamer-WARNING **: 14:14:53.226: Failed to load plugin ‘/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/deepstream/libnvdsgst_udp.so’: librivermax.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gst-plugin-scanner:16315): GStreamer-WARNING **: 14:14:53.262: Failed to load plugin ‘/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/deepstream/libnvdsgst_inferserver.so’: libtritonserver.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gst-plugin-scanner:16315): GStreamer-WARNING **: 14:14:53.306: Failed to load plugin ‘/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/deepstream/libcustom2d_preprocess.so’: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/deepstream/libcustom2d_preprocess.so: undefined symbol: NvBufSurfTransformAsync

Hi ly945,

Are you see the warning message after reboot device?

Hi carolyuu,
yes, I see. I try to download deb and install again, I get the same wanrings.
Those warings would not show if $HOME/.cache/gstream-1.0 exists.
I wonder if there is anything wrong with my installation or four plugins.

2 Likes

I got the same issue.
It occurs when to first launch any gst-* command after installing deepstream 6.0 including deepstream-app --version.
But it will disappear those warning on next launch any gst-* command.
We suspect the .cache/gstreamer-1.0/registry.aarch64.bin file, which stores gsteamer plugin blacklist after first launch gst-* command

Hi @carolyuu ,
Sorry, But I wonder there are any update?

Hi,
We are still checking it internally. Do you hit any issue in your use-case? It is under confirmation but the prints should be harmless in most use-cases.

Ok, thank your quick reply.
Yes, It does not disturb our use case until now, but we have concerns about deepstream-6.0’s usage in feature.
So we hope to confirm it. Thx!

1 Like

Hi,
Please update BSP via APT server:
Quickstart Guide — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation
For triton refer to
Troubleshooting — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation.

The warning about NvBufSurfTransformAsync() should not be shown. Please ignore last 2 warnings for librivermax & inferserver if you are not running in docker.

I’m using a jetson-inference docker image on my Nano 2GB with Image ID 5363eb4a3327 and this is happening.

deepstream-app -c /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/samples/configs/deepstream-app/config_infer_primary_nano.txt

(gst-plugin-scanner:19944): GStreamer-WARNING **: 17:37:30.890: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/deepstream/libnvdsgst_inferserver.so': libtritonserver.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(gst-plugin-scanner:19944): GStreamer-WARNING **: 17:37:31.859: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/deepstream/libnvdsgst_udp.so': librivermax.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
** ERROR: <main:658>: Failed to set pipeline to PAUSED
Quitting
ERROR from src_bin_muxer: Output width not set
Debug info: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/deepstream/sdk/src/gst-plugins/gst-nvmultistream/gstnvstreammux.c(2779): gst_nvstreammux_change_state (): /GstPipeline:pipeline/GstBin:multi_src_bin/GstNvStreamMux:src_bin_muxer
App run failed

I can see that libtritonserver.so is missing from libnvdsgst_inferserver and librivermax.so.0 is missing from libnvdsgst_udp - I tried installing the rivermax sdk via apt-get and it didn’t work. I am sort of new and forget precisely why I installed the docker image. Do I need to uninstall it for Deepstream to work? Thank you!

Hi @fpzero
You should run with

source8_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_tiled_display_fp16_nano.txt

config_infer_primary_nano.txt is a sub config file and cannot be run individually.

For running DeepStream SDK, we would suggest use Nano 4GB for better stability.

1 Like

That did load thank you but you’re right I think it might be too much for the 2GB Nano.

Does using the docker image have an impact on performance?

Ok, Thanks for your solutions.
Just a guess, Have we considered updating the BSP package for the special deepstream-6.0’s issue? eg publish l4t 32.6.2. Or update deepstream-6.0 to fix the issue definitely?
Because we need to evaluate efforts to adopt those solutions.

Hi,
The BSP package of Jetpack 4.6 is updated. If you clean re-flash Jetpack 4.6 through SDKManager, you should not see warning about NvBufSurfTransformAsync().

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.