TLT learning, validation and training details

I have two quick questions.
First is about the evaluation of TLT models. Actually I couldnt find any way to save the outputs of the model by using tlt detectnet_v2 evaluate , for example for LPD network I know that there is a -r tag for saving the json file containing the mean average precision, average_precision, … values. However I was wondering if there is any tag for saving the bounding boxes or the cropped licence plate?

Second is about the training dataset. I was wondering if there is any information available about the training data that was used for the pre-trained models, like the location of the images, lighting and weather conditions, and number of the images?
Thanks in advance.

Please use tlt detectnet_v2 inference , the annotated images are in inference_output/images_annotated and labels are in inference_output/labels .

Please check this info in each model card. For example,
https://docs.nvidia.com/tlt/tlt-user-guide/text/purpose_built_models/peoplenet.html
The datasheet for the model is captured in its model card hosted at NGC.

https://ngc.nvidia.com/catalog/models/nvidia:tlt_peoplenet

Thank you for the reply, I could run inference for the LPRnet, but have an issue with LPDnet. I fine-tuned the lpdnet like below:

$ tlt detectnet_v2 train -e /workspace/openalpr/SPECS_train.txt -r /workspace/openalpr/openlpd -k nvidia_tlt

Which generated the model at /workspace/openalpr/openlpd/weights/model.tlt, then used the below command for doing inference, but get an error, any idea?

$ tlt detectnet_v2  inference -i /workspace/openalpr/lpd/data/image/ -e /workspace/openalpr/SPECS_train.txt -m /workspace/openalpr/openlpd/weights/model.tlt -o /workspace/openalpr/lpd/data/infer/ -k nvidia_tlt  

2021-07-08 14:45:29,104 [INFO] root: Registry: ['nvcr.io']
Matplotlib created a temporary config/cache directory at /tmp/matplotlib-v7ylk7oo because the default path (/.config/matplotlib) is not a writable directory; it is highly recommended to set the MPLCONFIGDIR environment variable to a writable directory, in particular to speed up the import of Matplotlib and to better support multiprocessing.
Using TensorFlow backend.
usage: detectnet_v2 inference [-h] [--num_processes NUM_PROCESSES]
                              [--gpus GPUS]
                              [--gpu_index GPU_INDEX [GPU_INDEX ...]]
                              [--use_amp] [--log_file LOG_FILE] -e
                              INFERENCE_SPEC -i INFERENCE_INPUT -k KEY -o
                              INFERENCE_OUTPUT [-v]
                              {calibration_tensorfile,dataset_convert,evaluate,export,inference,prune,train}
detectnet_v2 inference: error: invalid choice: '/workspace/openalpr/openlpd/weights/model.tlt' (choose from 'calibration_tensorfile', 'dataset_convert', 'evaluate', 'export', 'inference', 'prune', 'train')
2021-07-08 14:45:38,859 [INFO] tlt.components.docker_handler.docker_handler: Stopping container.

Need to set “-e” to inference spec file instead of training spec file.
Reference: NVIDIA TAO Documentation and NVIDIA TAO Documentation
Or you can download jupyter notebook to find related spec file. NVIDIA TAO Documentation

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.