Tx2-4g r32.3.1 nvvidconv fails

App is changing nvvidconv when small part of frame is in top, bottom, left, and right and get the following errors.

NvDdkVicConfigure Failed
nvbuffer_transform Failed
gst_nvvconv_transform: NvBufferTransform Failed
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstNvArgusCameraSrc:camera: Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(3055): gst_base_src_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstNvArgusCameraSrc:camera:
streaming stopped, reason error (-5)
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQueue:q1: Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
gstqueue.c(988): gst_queue_handle_sink_event (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQueue:q1:
streaming stopped, reason error (-5)

Hi,
Do you dynamically change the parameters? It does not support dynamic change. You would need to destroy the pipeline and re-initialize it.

that won’t work for my app, when will nvvidconv support changing the top,bottom,left,right support dynamic changing.

Also it works perfectly until I get down to a small cropped area and then I get the messages once and the pipeline crashes.

Terry

Hi,
We don’t have plan to support dynamic changing in nvvidconv plugin. On the latest r32.5, the source code of nvvidconv is public. You can take a look and do customization.

please give a link to r32.5 source code?

Terry

Hi,
Please check the link:
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/L4T/r32_Release_v5.0/sources/T186/public_sources.tbz2

Thank you, look great

So what is the replacement plans for nvvidconv to allow dynamic changing of crop and such.

Terry

Hi,
In the source code, you can see nvvidconv is implemented through NvBuffer APIs. You add support of dynamic cropping range by calling the APIs. Please refer to
Jetson Linux API Reference: utils/nvbuf_utils/nvbuf_utils.h File Reference | NVIDIA Docs