TX2 onboard camera gives green picture as output with gstreamer

I believe the sensor connect to the i2c bus 6 may no power on, Please have you HW guide to probe the signal to make sure of it.

Also the nvgstcapture-1.0 may failed if one of the sensors are failed. You can use v4l2-ctl command to debug first. Need to change the resolution and pixelformat for your case. Also you can try this command while connect two sensors I believe one of them should be working.

v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --set-fmt-video=width=1920,height=1080,pixelformat=RG10 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 --stream-mmap --stream-count=10

We have made a little further progress. Camera 1 works fine but if we try to access camera 2 we get the video of camera 1.

We suspect that we did not configure vi in the device tree correctly. The documentation only covers vi for a single camera. Is there a documentation for vi with 2 cameras?

With 2 cameras connected we get both video devices /dev/video0 and /dev/video1. If we run i2cdetect we can detect the I2C address of both cameras and they are shown as “UU”. This means that a driver is linked to each camera (I2C devices at address 0x10). Output below (truncated).

test@test-desktop:~$ sudo i2cdetect -y -r 0
     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
10: UU -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --                          
test@test-desktop:~$ sudo i2cdetect -y -r 6
     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 
10: UU -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

We have used the following commands to test the cameras:

nvgstcapture-1.0 --cap-dev-node=0
nvgstcapture-1.0 --cap-dev-node=1

The output of these 2 commands is attached. Also the device tree source file.

nvgstcapture-1.txt (10.4 KB)
tegra210-camera-rbpcv2-imx219-v2.dtsi.zip (4.44 KB)

$ sudo apt-get install device-tree-compiler
$ sudo dtc -I fs -O dts -o extracted_proc.dts /proc/device-tree

check the tegra-camera-platform in extracted_proc.dts is no problem.