Unable to create pgie, nvosd

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

**• Hardware Platform : Jetson Tx2
**• DeepStream Version : 6.0.1 (deepstream-l4t:6.0.1-samples)
**• JetPack Version : 4.6.1

Getting the following error when try to run deepstream python app

Creating Pipeline 

Unable to create pgie 
 Unable to create nvosd 
Creating EGLSink 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "deepstream_test_4.py", line 596, in ds_main
    main(sys.argv)
  File "deepstream_test_4.py", line 478, in main
    pgie.set_property('config-file-path', PGIE_CONFIG_FILE)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_property'

tried after removing gstreamer cache by using the below command, but still getting the same error
rm ${HOME}/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/*

ll /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/deepstream/

libcustom2d_preprocess.so*
 libgstnvvideoconvert.so*
 libnvdsgst_audiotemplate.so*
 libnvdsgst_deepstream_bins.so*
 libnvdsgst_dewarper.so*
 libnvdsgst_dsanalytics.so*
 libnvdsgst_dsexample.so*
 libnvdsgst_infer.so*
 libnvdsgst_inferaudio.so*
 libnvdsgst_inferserver.so*
 libnvdsgst_logger.so*
 libnvdsgst_msgbroker.so*
 libnvdsgst_msgconv.so*
 libnvdsgst_multistream.so*
 libnvdsgst_multistreamtiler.so*
 libnvdsgst_of.so*
 libnvdsgst_ofvisual.so*
 libnvdsgst_osd.so*
 libnvdsgst_preprocess.so*
 libnvdsgst_segvisual.so*
 libnvdsgst_tracker.so*
 libnvdsgst_udp.so*
 libnvdsgst_videotemplate.so*

Did you follow the installation guide to install python binding? (deepstream_python_apps/bindings at master · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps · GitHub tag v1.1.1)
Did you success to run other python examples?

Yes, I have installed python bindings as mentioned in the repo (v1.1.1).
But getting the same error

The same steps i have tried in a jetson nano (Jetpack 4.5, Deepstream 6.0.1), and I’m able to run deepstream python apps there

Can you run success directly on the device?

Sorry,

What do you meant by ‘ Can you run success directly on the device?’

I see you run the python app within docker failed. so suggest you if or not can run directly on device?

I’m wondering, how the same docker file and scripts is working on a jetson device!.

I forgot to mention the below error which I’m getting while building the container in the Jetson TX2 NX, but this error is not in the jetson nano

ERROR: for DS  Cannot start service DS_container: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:545: container init caused: Running hook #0:: error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: Auto-detected mode as 'csv'
invoking the NVIDIA Container Runtime Hook directly (e.g. specifying the docker --gpus flag) is not supported. Please use the NVIDIA Container Runtime (e.g. specify the --runtime=nvidia flag) instead.: unknown

ERROR: for DS  Cannot start service DS_container: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:545: container init caused: Running hook #0:: error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: Auto-detected mode as 'csv'
invoking the NVIDIA Container Runtime Hook directly (e.g. specifying the docker --gpus flag) is not supported. Please use the NVIDIA Container Runtime (e.g. specify the --runtime=nvidia flag) instead.: unknown
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

This link stating that the above error is happening since nvidia-container-toolkit is missing.

Then i tried to install nvidia container toolkit on the device by using below command , but its showing that it is already installed

Command
sudo apt-get install -y nvidia-container-toolkit

Output

nvidia-container-toolkit is already the newest version (1.11.0-1).
nvidia-container-toolkit set to manually installed.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Hi @samjith888 ,
The docker toolkit should be installed through SDKManager

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.