Unable to link cutil.h and other libraries

Hello,
I am trying to compile a code that i have developed in linux on a mac book pro.

the istructions i use are as follows:
nvcc -o prog prog.cu -I$HOME"/Developer/GPU Computing/C/common/inc/"

the error is:
prog.cu:12:19: error: cutil.h: No such file or directory

however i have checked that those libraries are in fact in: Developer/GPU Computing/C/common/inc/ and they are!

can anybody tell me how can i link the libraries?, why is it not working.?
please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers,
C.

The ‘cutil.h’ header file as you noted can be found in Developer/GPU Computing/C/common/inc/.

More than likely the problems you are running into is either the space in the path or having the path be relative to the $HOME value. To be sure, I would use an absolute path such as /Developer/GPU\ Computing/C/common/inc/ (If the SDK is in the standard install location).

Also, the cutil ‘library’ is found in GPU Computing/C/lib/. You will need to add this library (depending on your system it may be cutil_i386) and the lib directory to the nvcc command.

For instance, to get the deviceQuery code from the GPU Computing SDK to compile I would need to use the following nvcc command line.

nvcc -o test deviceQuery.cpp -I/Developer/GPU\ Computing/C/common/inc/ -I/Developer/GPU\ Computing/shared/inc/ -lcutil_i386 -L/Developer/GPU\ Computing/C/lib/ -lshrutil_i386 -L/Developer/GPU\ Computing/shared/lib/

For your code, It should be the same compile line minus the shrutil parameters.

The ‘cutil.h’ header file as you noted can be found in Developer/GPU Computing/C/common/inc/.

More than likely the problems you are running into is either the space in the path or having the path be relative to the $HOME value. To be sure, I would use an absolute path such as /Developer/GPU\ Computing/C/common/inc/ (If the SDK is in the standard install location).

Also, the cutil ‘library’ is found in GPU Computing/C/lib/. You will need to add this library (depending on your system it may be cutil_i386) and the lib directory to the nvcc command.

For instance, to get the deviceQuery code from the GPU Computing SDK to compile I would need to use the following nvcc command line.

nvcc -o test deviceQuery.cpp -I/Developer/GPU\ Computing/C/common/inc/ -I/Developer/GPU\ Computing/shared/inc/ -lcutil_i386 -L/Developer/GPU\ Computing/C/lib/ -lshrutil_i386 -L/Developer/GPU\ Computing/shared/lib/

For your code, It should be the same compile line minus the shrutil parameters.

tanh you very very much

i was able to get my code running

i appreciate it.

C.

tanh you very very much

i was able to get my code running

i appreciate it.

C.