Unable to output mutiple streams using software encoding

Hello,

**• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)** = RTX 3060 Ti
**• DeepStream Version**
**• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)**
**• TensorRT Version**
**• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)** = Driver Version: 520.61.05
**• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)**
**• How to reproduce the issue ? using the attached config file below

I am trying to output mutiple RTSP streams using the attached config file, i understand that my GPU allows me a max of 3 concurrent streams using hardware encoding, but i am trying to use software encoding for the last sink but i get the below error
config file here:
test.txt (5.8 KB)

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)

@Fiona.Chen i mentioned the details above in the original post butfor some reason was gone with the code, here they are gain:

Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)** = RTX 3060 Ti

|DeepStream Version**| 6.0.1 on redhat
|TensorRT Version**|
|NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)** = Driver Version: 520.61.05|
|Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)**| Question
|How to reproduce the issue ? using the attached config file above( scroll up to test.txt)

Can you run “gst-inspect-1.0 x264enc” to check whether the SW encoder has been installed?

@Fiona.Chen it seems like i dont have this plugin installed because I recieved the following resposnse: No such element or plugin ‘x264enc’
what command can i use on redhat to enable / install ?

can you also mention how many streams (roughly)can we encode out(sink) using SW encoding?
I know our card has a limit of 3 HW encoders but not sure about SW

You can google for it. It is not provided by Nvidia. ubuntu - GStreamer x264enc not found - Stack Overflow

It depends on your CPU capability and the whole loading in your case. The SW encoder is 3rd party open source, you test its capability by yourself.

@Fiona.Chen spent hours googling to find the x264enc package for redhat but all the resources on the internet show installation instructions for Ubuntu, our redhat server (RHEL 8) already has this package installed: “gstreamer1-plugins-ugly-free.x86_64”
could it be that the name of the x264enc package is different on redhat?
running the following command shows that we do have the h264 encoder installed:

This is typefind typefind but not decoder.

The plugin name is always x264enc no matter what is the OS.

What is your RedHat version and DeepStream version?

@Fiona.Chen redhat version 8 and deepstream version 6.0.1 (all mentioned above)
wasted a lot of time on this, still cant find the x264enc package for REDHAT

I think you can get help from RedHat community. Red Hat Customer Portal - Access to 24x7 support and knowledge

Its frustrating that NVIDIA claims to support redhat but when it comes to third party dependencies, they wash their hands out and throw the customer at other vendors.
It is expected that you provide links to the packages that you need to run your own packages.

We have tested the samples before release. The 3rd party installation packages are distributed by RedHat. You can get help from RedHat community. Red Hat Customer Portal - Access to 24x7 support and knowledge