Uncontrolled robot movements after world.reset() method call

Hi all,

I have a robot model as URDF file, the import and conversion to a .usd file worked so far.

To start the simulation, I work with the Python API and a write a Python script with some different classes. I use the “robot” class from Isaac Sim API to create a robot object and equip it with suitable controllers in a later step (using the apply_action method from the Articulation class).

However, after calling the world.reset() method, the robot behaves very weird, flying around in the environment instead of “falling” down to the groundplane due to gravity.

Has anyone had similar problems??

Many thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi - Sorry for the delay in the response. Let us know if you still having this issue/question with the latest Isaac Sim 2022.2.1 release.

Hi, the problem is still open, but I’m directly in contact with one of the developer in Toronto.

Many thanks

Hi @robin-vetsch - Hope you are doing well!

Can you please confirm if the issue is resolved or still present?

Hi @rthaker,

I am currently working with the Isaac Sim 2022.2.0 release. I have analyzed the robot model again in detail and found that there was an overlap of two components in the collision mesh, I have corrected this and since this moment this works.

Maybe it could be helpful in a later release to include some kind of check if the collision mesh was created correctly.

Thanks for your help anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.