So, I’ve spent the last week trying to piece together information on getting SPI to work on the Nano DeveloperKit and finally got it working yesterday. To save others some pain, I’ve documented the steps and created both patch and binary files. This only applies to the tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000-a02 but I’m sure it can be adapted to other boards.
Just FYI… My first mistake was using the pinmux “helper” spreadsheets. Not only do you have to use a real Excel to get the macros to work, they produce files that cause the Nano to not boot. In my case, even though I only modified the spi1 pins, the resulting dtsi files had qspi and sdmmc1 disabled which prevents the device from booting.
So I went back to my previous experience with creating/modifying device trees for other boards and started from scratch. Once you know where all the pieces are, it’s actually not that hard. Here’s the result:
At the end of this, you should have:
and they should be routed to the appropriate pins on the 40-pin expansion connector.