Updated L4T 21.5 Documentation

I just noticed availability of an updated ‘L4T 21.5 Documentation’ package released 2016/08/24. However there seems to be no mentioning about what has been updated. As a matter of fact both state revised 05 Jul 2016 on their lower right footer. A few things I noticed so far:

• The ‘More Information’ link actually points to https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra which brings up the ‘Linux For Tegra R24.1’ page which does not seem applicable isn’t it?

• The ‘Video for Linux User Guide’ seems to have been dropped. Why would that be?

• A new application note ‘Runtime Bootloader Update process for Jetson TK1’ dated August 24. 2016 has been introduced.

• The ‘Start_L4T_Docs_on_Linux.sh’ shell script seems to have those dreaded ^M line endings and won’t quite work anymore:

[user@host L4T-R21.5-new]$ ./Start_L4T_Docs_on_Linux.sh bash: ./Start_L4T_Docs_on_Linux.sh: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Files are identical except for differing line endings:
L4T-R21.5-old/Start_L4T_Docs_on_Linux.sh: UNIX (LF)
L4T-R21.5-new/Start_L4T_Docs_on_Linux.sh: DOS/Windows (CR-LF)

Any insights into this matter are much appreciated.

Hello,
Thank you very much for pointing out the defects in documentation package. We are investigating these issues.

1. Where the link ‘More Information’ lies? I have not found that link. Please tell me the detailed location of this link.
  2. Video for Linux User Guide exists in the package:
The Video for Linux User Guide is also included in the package:
•Video for Linux User Guide (PDF)

Please check again.
3. ^M issue in script file is confirmed. We will fix that ASAP.

Please let me know if there’s any more issue you’ve found.
Thanks.

br
ChenJian

Hi

Thanks for your response. As follows my comments:

1. I’m actually talking about the ‘L4T Documentation’ 21.5 item on the regular download page https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/downloads

2. OK, so your just dropped the HTML version thereof, I see.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Marcel