USB Camera Crashing Xavier NX Module

Hey everyone. So I’ve run into a bit of an odd issue. I’m attempting to use an eHome web cam for video capture, but when I plug it in the entire system freezes after a few second to a minute followed shortly by a reboot. This behavior will go on a loop if I let it. I’ve tested the camera on my windows box and have used a USB webcam with this system before, though it was about 18 years old and died after a couple weeks leading to this replacement. If I manage to run ‘lsusb’ before the system stalls it detects the camera simply as ‘2002’ with no other identifying info. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

Do you have an externally powered USB HUB? If this is related to power draw, then powering from an outside source would bypass the problem. If this does not bypass the problem, then part of the debugging has been completed.

If you really want to know what is going on, and an external HUB does not solve this, then you’ll need a serial console boot log. Serial console works even when the system is otherwise crashing and burning. You would probably want to remove the word “quiet” if it occurs in the “APPEND” key/value pair of file “/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf”, but otherwise all of the information you need is here (the Nano and NX use the same serial console setup):
https://www.jetsonhacks.com/2019/04/19/jetson-nano-serial-console/

You could name a boot log with a “.txt” file name suffix, and then upload to the forum.

Ya, my powered hub didn’t fix it, nor did using a lower power mode or removing other devices. I’ll give the serial console a shot if I can track one down. I think I had a cable around here some where, thank you.

The Jetson will use a 3.3V “TTL” logic level cable. 1.8V or 5V or other values would fail.