I ran a USB3.0 speed test on Jetson TX2 evaluation board using the following setup and command:
Jetson TX2 --------> SSD (WD BLUE 3D NAND SSD)
cat /dev/zero | pv > /media/nvidia/diskname/tmp123
The results showed average speed of ~200MiB/s
when running the same test on my PC or on Xavier NX developer kit I get better results: ~340MiB/s which seems like the limitation of the SSD card itself.
Question is: why in Jetson TX2 I see worse results then in Xavier NX and my PC?
- The SSD card has SATA connection so I used also a SATA-USB3.0 adapter
- I configured high power mode in Jetson TX2 and ran jetson_clocks script for highest performance
- I gave highest priority (-20) to the data transfer process, it helped stabilize the variance of the speed, but did not increase the average speed
- I used also other commands like: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda1 bs=1024 - same results
- Read transactions are also slower in Jetson TX2 compared to PC and Xavier NX, approximately by the same proportions.
Any help would be appreciated,