Use wiringPi on jetson nano

As we all know that wiringPi is suitable for RPi, and it is very easy to control the devices by C programming ,and the GPIO from jetson nano and RPi is very similar.So as I consider that can we use the wiringPi on the jetson nano?.I checked the official website, the inventer do not offer the official support, and I just find the unofficial mirror of WiringPi ( GitHub - WiringPi/WiringPi: Gordon's Arduino wiring-like WiringPi Library for the Raspberry Pi (Unofficial Mirror for WiringPi bindings) ), but after trying a lot, it still can not be installed successfully on my jetson nano. and I found a similar question like Access GPIO Pins using “C” Programming.(Access GPIO Pins using "C" Programming)
So is there anyone can help me ?
My email is :guoshichen8@gmail.com

2 Likes

please also refer to Topic 144550, for several ways to access GPIOs. such as, kernel APIs, python scripts, C++ samples.

I have seen that, but I still wnant to know where I get the register address like this picture. jetson-nano-gpio-example/gpionano.h at master · valentis/jetson-nano-gpio-example · GitHub

or where I can get the full register address datasheet, I cheeked "ARM® Cortex®-A57 MPCore Processor"Documentation – Arm Developer
but I did not get the proper data about the register address.
I’d like to program with the register address to control the GPIO.

hello guoshichen8,

please access Tegra X1 SoC Technical Reference Manual via download center for TRM.
you may check chapter-9.10 for the details of [GPIO Controller].
thanks

Hi…I suggest running the pigpiod 28 daemon and associating with its attachment interface from an enduring nonconcurrent string. The customer side python module for that task looks jython-viable, yet you should upgrade it. Python’s attachment module is famously laggy in jython.One of my customers suggested it when I ran into issue with the standard CPython RPi.GPIO module. I had at first dismissed pigpio as too heavyweight, as it’s anything but a daemon.