Using command line for vectorization

Hi everybody,

It’s my first time to use vectorization in FORTRAN.
When I write the command for vectorization in the command window it prints out that the command is not valid.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Hamed

Hi Hamed,

Unfortunately, I’m not quite sure what you mean. Can you please post example of the command that you are running and the error you are getting?

Thanks,
Mat

Hi Mat,

My command is the same I found in the manual:

-Mvect=sse

and I receive the error:

command is not valid

Even I tried to use the help command (–help) or fast (-fast), but I got the same error.

Thanks,
Hamed

Hi Hameda,

Most likely your installation was not successful or was corrupted somehow. What OS and compiler version are you using? Did you notice any error during installation? Have the compilers worked in the past?

• Mat

Hi Mat,

Yes the compiler works well! I have done more than 50 programs!!
No error was reported during the installation.

The only thing that I worry, is that as the FORTRAN is being run inside the VS i think this command line just compiles VS commands and not FORTRAN??!

I’m using a PVF (education license) which I think is Ver 9. (I’m pretty sure t’s not 10).

If you go to this link you can see a screen image of my computer while this error comes up.

http://web.mit.edu/hamed_al/www/FORTRAN.JPG

Thanks,
Hamed

Hi Hameda,

“-Mvect=sse”, “-fast”, etc. are compiler flags, not commands themselves so wont work in the command window. To set a compiler flag in PVF, select the project properties page and find the optimizations tab under “Fortran”. There will be several drop down boxes listing various flags. For vectorization, use the “-fast” flag.

Hope this helps,
Mat

Hi Mat,

Thanks, It now works well.

Best,
Hamed