using Nsight remote debug TX2 fails

Hi,

For some reason, the network is slow.

Unchecking the option “Download shared libraries from remote target” in the debug configuration dialog will disable downloading libs from the target (as shown in debug_config.png).

Please point to the local libraries path using “Add” button.

Thanks.

hi,
Unchecking “Download shared libraries from remote target” did make the progress much faster. Thank you

Hi,
I will join this thread, because I’m having similar a problem.

I have a project to run in Jetson TX2 that uses Cuda and OpenCV and it requires a lot of shared libraries (61 libraries). The problem is that I cannot debug cuda kernels.

Nsight can download the shared libraries (before I even copied the shared libraries to my Host PC), but then it stucks on generating the symbol files, I suppose.

I can see in the directory /tmp/cuda-gdb/…/session1 several elf.XXX files appearing, but it takes about 1min. each. Once, I left the process running for about 1 hour and 76 files appeared but then I did wait anymore.

I already tried all those shared libraries debug options from the Debug configuration dialog, but still no I cannot get it to start.

Any help on this is most welcome!!
Thank

GDBTrace.txt (79.2 KB)

Hi,

We need more information to give further advice. How do you connect to the device, wifi or ethernet?
Have you tried the “Download shared libraries from remote target” method in comment #21 to solve the slow gdb issue?

Thanks.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

I already tried using wifi and ethernet and now I’m using Ethernet and even though it is slow.

I already tried all possible combinations of the options and still it downloads those elfXXX files to the tmp directory and this is the process that is taking too long to complete.

Meanwhile I using the cuda-gdb and cuda-gdb-server from the command line and is much faster. It downloads those elfXXX files (a total of 283 files) in just 2-3 minutes. But it lacks the GUI interface…

Seems that the problem is with the NSight connection to the cuda-gdb.

Any help on this is very much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi again,

I finally found the issue that slowed down the debugging.

I deactivated the option Break on CUDA kernel launches->Application and set it to None. That was set for some reason…

It now it is taking the 2min. debug start-up time!

Thanks anyway. Some documentation on setting up debugging sessions would be good to see in the CUDA website. :-)

Hi,

Glad to hear that.
This information has feedbacked to our internal team.

Thanks.

Hi,
i’ve decide to join the thread cause i also have issue with debug on Jetson TX2

INPUT
PC (Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS) connected to Jetson TX2 (via USB->microUSB default cable)
Jetpack 4.2 set for both host and device
Remote application debug uses (Syncronize mode)

Simple OpenCV application (take screenshot from USB attached camera)

RESULT
Debug session starts just find unless:

m_pCaptureDevice = new VideoCapture(“/dev/video1”); this call cause _dl_catch_exception
(gdb_traces_1 in attach)

If application is started directly on Jetson, everything works fine.

Any help? Thanks.

gdb_trace_1.txt (183 KB)