Verifying CUDA installation

I am following the following link to install CUDA: CUDA Toolkit Documentation

Everything is good except when I reached section 2.5.1. Here, I try to run the deviceQuery program located in C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA Samples\v6.5\bin\win64\Release, the command prompt is giving back the message that C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA is not recognized. I did set “ProgramData” to visible mode but it didn’t help. The folder itself is not recognized even though I can open it.

Any help would be appreciated.

The windows command-prompt interpreter can get confused by a space character in a pathname.

Try putting the entire command invocation in quotes, like:

“C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA Samples\v6.5\bin\win64\Release\deviceQuery”

Or, first navigate to the folder in question in the command prompt. (This may also require the use of quotes at some point, depending on how you navigate) Then launch the deviceQuery program just by typing:

deviceQuery

I did try both the ways but none of them worked.

I find that hard to believe. You navigated to the directory where the deviceQuery.exe program file was located? And then you typed:

deviceQuery

?
(did you type the dir command first, to be sure that deviceQuery.exe is actually in the current directory?)

What was the output in that case?

I don’t think it could have been:

" the message that C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA is not recognized."

as in your original question.