Visionworks camera with different resolution

Hello All,

I managed to get VisionWorks-1.6-Samples installed and working, and even with my logitech c920 camera.

All I had to do was to plug-in the camera, and run the command:

./nvx_demo_motion_estimation --source="device:///v4l2?index=1"

which takes image from /dev/video1

However, it captures at 1920x1080 resolution. I have not been able to find a way to change resolution.

Also, there is the auto-exposure problem. Because the camera does certain things automatically, and I think this creates problems for image processing algoritms.

I can access the camera settings and change resolution using guvcview, but after exiting guvcview and starting the nvx_demo_motion_estimation - it will continue capturing at 1920x1080

Any help/pointers greatly appreciated,

Best regards,
C.

Hi,

Thanks for your question.
Please check this post for information:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/978031/jetson-tk1/how-can-i-change-the-v4l2-video-streming-resolution-for-visionworks-/post/5029163/#5029163

Hello,

Yes, I have been able to change the source code, and recompile, and operate at a different resolution.

However the autofocus and autoexposure problem of the camera persists. I can disable both (temporarily) using guvcview - but the demo will not run while guvcview is open.

Is there anyway to disable autoExposure and autoFocus using this NVXIO | OVXIO?

Best regards,
C.

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

3A configure can not be set through Visionworks directly.
But you achieve this via v4l2-ctl since visionworks handle camera source with v4l2.

sudo apt-get install v4l-utils
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 -c exposure_auto=1 
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 -c exposure_absolute=200

If you are interested in 3A setting, use this command to read more:

v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 --list-ctrls-menus