nvgstcamera_capture sample in Visionworks not working for V4L2 devices

Hi,

I’m trying to run the nvgstcamera_capture sample provided with the VisionWorks with my v4l2 source that’s coming off a USB framegrabber. I’m able to display the video feed through a gstreamer v4l2src pipeline on the command line but when I modify the nvgstcamera_capture source for working with width=320, height=240 and source=device:///v4l2?index=1, it’s not able to open the camera source. I’ve narrowed down the problem to Gstreamer returning GST_STATE_CHANGE_FAILURE after GST_STATE_CHANGE_ASYNC when the source device is being opened but I can’t figure out why that’s happening. Anyone else able to get this sample application running for a v4l2 device?

Thanks!

Hello, alasin:
I’m not sure about USB framegrabber, and only tested USB camera in my TK1 jetson with nvx_sample_player with the following command line:

nvx_sample_player -s device://camera0

br
Chenjian

Hi,jachen
How can I set the camera capture resolution with visionworks?

For me, the cameras are shown as v4l2 devices (on TX1), so I can access them on /dev/video1, /dev/video2 etc. I eventually got it to work by modifying code in GstreamerCameraFrameSourceImpl.cpp. But I’m still not sure how the original code is supposed to work with other v4l2 devices.

alasin:

my camera is also v4l2 and I can use command line
nvx_sample_player -s device://camera0
to open my camera but I just need to change the resolution.