Visual Studion 2017 and CUDA 9 installation problems

Hi

I installed Visual Studio 2017 and CUDA 9.0, but I cannot run the test sample nbody_vs2017.sln because I get the message

Studio/2017/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.11.25503/bin/HostX86/x64/cl.exe’ died with status 0xC0000135

If I start a new CUDA project the file kernal.cu cannot open “stdio.h”. (Visual C++ does not have such a problem).

I also tried compiling from the command line, using nvcc following the Even Easier Introduction to CUDA, but I got the message

Cannot find compiler ‘cl.exe’ in PATH

Any clues as to how I can get up and running?

Another message I get on trying to build nbody is:

The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting “Retarget solution”.

but the current SDK version is 10.1.

I installed Windows SDK version 8.1, but the nbody sample gives the message that a supported visual studio is required (including 2017, which I have), and I used the developer shell to compile from the command line, but this says my OS is not supported. I have Windows 10.

I am also getting the same issue, i believe the latest update caused this issue. I was using for so many days without any issue.

guys, please don’t keep this unanswered. Issue is still actual and having red lines in newly generated project is rather frustrating.

I had a similar issue. Simply installing the right version of the Windows SDK helped. Ultimately, how to do that was found in this windows help post https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/a739a8db-4e6e-478f-99c2-1348fc031985/compilation-error-with-windows-sdk-version-100150630?forum=visualstudiogeneral. Basically just use the VS installer to add the version of the Windows SDK that it is complaining about.