Warning: ignoring configuration file that cannot be opened

Hello,when I compile linux-5.10.88 kernel on Jetson Xavier NX,kernel version is Linux 4.9.201-tegra aarch64, run commends make menuconfig ,make make modules_install are right ,but when run commend make install have a couple of warnings[two lines marked].
dslab@dslab-desktop:/usr/src/linux-5.10.88$ sudo make install
sh ./arch/arm64/boot/install.sh 5.10.88
arch/arm64/boot/Image System.map “/boot”
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/apt-auto-removal 5.10.88 /boot/vmlinuz-5.10.88
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/initramfs-tools 5.10.88 /boot/vmlinuz-5.10.88
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.10.88
Warning: couldn’t identify filesystem type for fsck hook, ignoring.
I: The initramfs will attempt to resume from /dev/zram3
I: (UUID=ccd3d913-9aa6-42a4-b5c7-c5cfde3d1923)
I: Set the RESUME variable to override this.
/sbin/ldconfig.real: Warning: ignoring configuration file that cannot be opened: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/aarch64-linux-gnu_EGL.conf: No such file or directory
/sbin/ldconfig.real: Warning: ignoring configuration file that cannot be opened: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/aarch64-linux-gnu_GL.conf: No such file or directory
run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/update-notifier 5.10.88 /boot/vmlinuz-5.10.88
However,there are three files into /boot directiry :
initrd.img-5.10.88
vmlinuz-5.10.88
System.map-5.10.88
I think kernel has been compiled successfully,but when I update grub config using commend “sudo update-initramfs -c -k 5.10.88” ,the same problems have been occurred again.
dslab@dslab-desktop:/usr/src/linux-5.10.88$ sudo update-initramfs -c -k 5.10.88
[sudo] password for dslab:
/sbin/ldconfig.real: Warning: ignoring configuration file that cannot be opened: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/aarch64-linux-gnu_EGL.conf: No such file or directory
/sbin/ldconfig.real: Warning: ignoring configuration file that cannot be opened: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/aarch64-linux-gnu_GL.conf: No such file or directory
I use JetPack release version is:

R32 (release), REVISION: 5.1, GCID: 26202423, BOARD: t186ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Feb 19 16:50:29 UTC 2021

How to solve these problems?Thanks you

Where didn’t you get this version?
Suppose this version still not public yet.

Hello,Do you mean kernel version or JetPack release version ? The kersion version 5.10.88 from kernel.org.

Current kernel version is K4.9 and JetPack is J4.6
R32.5.1 is only support K4.9 for K5.10 will be support in Jetpack 5.x

Hello .How to improve to Jetpack5.X ? My install SDK Manager the Jet Pack highest version is 4.6[rev.3]

JetPack 5.x not release will release in next years.

Thanks

Thank you very much! However, nowadays,I must improve my kernel version to kernel 5.10.X on Jetson Xavier NX in order to do my experiment ,I meet some problems through compiling kernel version 5.10.88 .Do you have some advice or suggestions to improve kernel version to 5.10.x on Jetson Xavier NX except using JetPack.

Suppose it would be difficult to use K5.10 on J4.x due to some lib would meet problem.
I would suggest to wait for next release.

Thanks

Hello,Happy New Year!Can you tell me where is the existing Linux kernel config file on Jetson Xavier NX board that the Linux version is Linux 4.9.201-tegra ? I mean ,for example, Ubuntu 18.04 the Linux kernel config file in directory /boot/config-$(uname -r).

Didn’t uname -a get what you want?

No, not an existing system configuration . I mean where is config file on Linux 4.9.201-tegra?

Which directory is the configuration file located on Linux 4.9.201-tegra?

It’s tegra_deconfig at …/kernel/kernel-4.9/arch/arm64/configs

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/kernel_custom.html#wwpID0E0WD0HA

For clarity, the “4.9.201-tegra” is from the command “uname -r”, and is not from a file during runtime. It is only during compile of the kernel which will be running the above command that this can be configured.

The prefix “4.9.201” is entirely because the running kernel is from source code version “4.9.20”. There is no altering this without compiling a different kernel.

The suffix “-tegra” was in fact an environment variable which was set at the time of compiling “4.9.201”. This can also be part of the compile command line or part of the kernel config “.config” file, and is normally set when you create the base kernel config prior to compiling it via the “tegra_defconfig” build target. This suffix combines with the prefix and is built into the kernel itself and is why you see “4.9.201-tegra” from “uname -r”.

There are other config files related to the Ubuntu release, but they have nothing to do with the version of kernel.

The kernel also shows its config on a Jetson (this could be enabled for a PC but rarely is) as file “/proc/config.gz”. This is not a real file, it exists in RAM, and is a reflection of the running kernel’s config. Other than lacking the suffix “-tegra” (which would be added by setting CONFIG_LOCALVERSION to “-tegra”) this is an exact match to the running kernel.

You cannot edit config.gz directly. You could copy it to some other location, and then run “gunzip” on it. Then use or edit that file with an ordinary text editor.

It is only a tradition, but many PC distributions copy an actual “file” (not a pseudo file) to “/boot/config-$(uname -r)” during install of the kernel. There is no requirement for such a file, it is just for convenience. To imitate this I think you could do the following if the file is not already there:

1. Copy “/proc/config.gz” to “/boot”. “sudo cp /proc/config.gz /boot”.
  2. sudo gunzip /proc/config.gz
  3. sudo mv -i /proc/config /proc/config-$(uname -r)
  4. Edit that file to set the suffix (assuming it is “-tegra”) to alter the empty “CONFIG_LOCALVERSION” to have “-tegra”:
    CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="-tegra"

Try that and see if it works for you if you really need this file.

Hello,Thank your suggestion. I have found the config file according to you guidence, Nowsdays,I want to improve kernel version to 5.10.X on my Jetson Xavier NX board. I compile kernel run commends make menuconfig ,make make modules_install are right ,but when run commend make install have a couple of warnings[two lines marked].

run-parts: executing /etc/kernel/postinst.d/update-notifier 5.10.88 /boot/vmlinuz-5.10.88

However,there are three files into /boot directiry :
initrd.img-5.10.88
vmlinuz-5.10.88
System.map-5.10.88
I think kernel has been compiled successfully,but when I update grub config using command “sudo update-initramfs -c -k 5.10.88” ,the same problems have been occurred again.

dslab@dslab-desktop:/usr/src/linux-5.10.88$ sudo update-initramfs -c -k 5.10.88
[sudo] password for dslab:

Then I run command “sudo reboot”, I see kernel version from “uname -r”,the linux kernel is 4.9.201-tegra that don’t change. Do you have suggestion to improve kernel version ?
Thank you very much!

Current release only support kernel 4.9 the release support k5.10 will be available soon. Should be the J5.x release.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.