Weird problem with TTY on nvidia 361.16: black screen* after logout X

Hi

When logout my Xsession, the TTY becomes Black and only for few milliseconds each 3 or 4 seconds, can view the TTY

start happen in first enter to X (with startx, for example) and logout in the first time after reboot.

if reboot and keep in the TTY, can operate (on TTY) with normality, all time. inclusive if change the TTY for other instance. but when enter to xorg and logout, the TTY shows in black (like a disconnect the monitor and reconnect each time*). only fix if reboot the machine or enter on X again (can type comands in console). but if logout the circle start again.

this start on 361.16. on 358.16 this no occour

the monitor is a Asus pb289q connected via Lindy DisplayPort Switch 4K to GTX 770 2Gb.

greetings

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (255 KB)

bump

probably the culprit is the module nvidia-modeset, because some times is impossible unload, and when can unload, the error is gone

I started seeing this exact bug 8 years ago so I don’t believe it has anything to do with nvidia-modeset kernel module. I posted about it a few times already here and in nvnews in the past forums before that.

and the fix is?

Hi. Try this. after a reboot, ctrl+alt+4, logon as root and type
setterm -blank 0
This won’t help if you run it from gnome-terminal or konsole, etc…
It needs to be ran from a tty.
Then do:
cat /sys/module/kernel/parameters/consoleblank

The output should be 0.

Does this solve the issue? (/sys/module/kernel/parameters/consoleblank will revert to 600 after a reboot)

I’m interested in knowing if setting it to 0 solves this particular issue.