When will Jetpack 4.3 or TensorRT 6.0.1 be available for TX2

I would like to know if there is any planned release date for a JetPack that supports TX2 with TensorRT >= 6.0.1. I would like to run some ONNX models I have, but need a more up to date version of ONNX-TensorRT v6.0 which requires TensorRT 6.

I would like to get TensorRT version 6.0.1 going on the TX2, but the preview Jetpack 4.3 doesn’t support the TX2.

I would try compiling it myself, but using the latest Jetpack 4.2.2 and updating everything leaves me with an environment that unfortunately doesn’t meet the build requirements (the latest TensorRT requires CMake >= 3.13 and the latest Jetpack 4.2.2 after installing and running apt-get update/upgrade only puts CMake at 3.10.2).

It is disappointing that your software has build requirements which exceed the latest official release for your platforms. You really ought to have a company policy that says your software must be able to compile on your latest Jetpack release.

If anyone has gone down the road of building the latest TensorRT on the TX2 and succeeded, I’d be interested.

Hi ljward9,

The JetPack 4.2.2 remains the latest production release, supporting all Jetson products. The DP version is a preview of the TensorRT and cuDNN releases planned for the JetPack 4.3. We’re cooking it to get all Jetson platform supported and looking forward to sharing it as soon as we can.

Thanks

Thanks for the incredibly useful response! Have you considered a career in politics?

Hi ljward9,

The DP version is a preview for new features, not official release. You may try to do some experiments as the previous case, please refer the following if could get it work on Jetson TX2:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1042942/jetson-tx2/jetpack-4-1/post/5290610/#5290610