Why A02 revision carrier board is not compatible with the production specification Jetson Nano module?

According to Jetson Nano Developer Kit User Guide, B01 revision carrier board is compatible with production module, while A02 revisoin carrier board is not. Do A02 and B01 have different pinout definition? If A02 and B01 share the same pinout, why A02 carrier board is not compatible with production module?

Hi fdtsaid,

Yes, the pin definition in A02 board is different with B01 board, they’re not compatible.
The released HW design files are based on B01 version, the custom designed carrier board is no problem to test with production module(B01), however it can’t work with current devkit module(A02)…

1 Like

Are the following files based on recv B01?

• Jetson Nano Carrier Board Reference Design Files, version 1.0, 2019/06/24
  • PRODUCT DESIGN GUIDE NVIDIA Jetson Nano Initial Release, Jun 7, 2019
  • Data Sheet NVIDIA Jetson Nano System-on-Module, v0.8, OCT 2019

We designed customized carrier board based on these files.

Yes, all those hw design filed are for B01 version.
If there is any issue met while creating your carrier board, please open a new topic.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello,
I have Jetson Nano Developer Kit with PCB revision A02, part number 945-13450-0000-000, which includes non-production specification Jetson module (P3448-0000)
I know that,
• pin definition in A02 board is different with B01 board, they’re not compatible.
• the pinout differs between B01 module and A02 devkit module.
• the released HW design files are based on B01 version (945-13450-0000-100)
• the custom designed carrier board based on B01 is no problem to work with production module(B01), however it can’t work with current devkit module(A02)
But I need that my custom designed carrier board could work with old devkit module(A02).
Could you tell me how can I change pinouts on B01 carrier board schematic, so that A02 module work without problem with my custom designed carrier board?
Is it possible to get pinouts/schematics on A02 module?
What changes in configuration files I also need to do if any?

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, schematics of A02 module is not available on download center.