XAVIER AGX Audio Chip validation(TAS5760M)

Dear Team,

I want to simulate Texas Instruments TAS5760M audio chip for XAVIER AGX but I can’t seem to find any guides how to do it properly.

So far I have done this and clock error,could any one help us on this ,

We had issues in MCLK how to provide exact MCLK from AGX SOM ,
as of now we are giving mclk from crystal oscillator and rest of the things like LRCLK,SCLK,SDIN from AGX .
kINDLY requesting you to help us on this .

Thanks,
Pooja Ak

Moving this to the Jetson Xavier category so support has visibility.

Hi Pooja,

Can you please paste the error logs you are currently seeing?
Please list device tree changes you made for reference.

Which JP release are you using?

What is the MCLK requirement you have?
Providing MCLK from crystal is fine. In that case it would be better if you operate your TI codec is master mode and Tegra I2S in slave mode.

Thanks.

Dear @spujar
Good Day

1. JP release is l4t 32.6.1
  2. We had dicussion with TI , they said to us to use from SOM ,shall we use these MCLK01 to TAS5760M audio chip?
    3)we didn’t get any error in plataform side ,but we are facing in chip side
    (Error Status Register in Amplifier chip

Address: 0x08 Value: 0x08)
4)Please find the attached list device tree changes for your refrence
tegra194-audio-p2822-0000.dtsi (3.7 KB)

5)how to configure and generate mclk in xavier agx?

Requesting you to help us on this…

Thanks,
Pooja Ak

Hi Pooja,

I don’t see any entries related to TAS5670M codec. Are you overriding some of the properties in another file?
Please refer to custom audio card and machine driver update sections to understand how to add a custom audio card.

MCLK01 can be used. But note that it is not routed to 40-pin GPIO expander. Please make sure you use correct signal for your codec chip.
Also what is the frequency you want? And what is your audio stream sample rate, bits and channels requirement?

Thanks.

Dear @spujar

Tnqu for your promte replay,

1. we are control the chip via I2C.
    2)If i given signal from oscillator ,facing audio with noise
    3)In another condition ,we are taking audio MCLK01(H9) from Som by this condidtion our audio is working fine ,
    Thanks,
    Pooja Ak
    Pooja Ak

Hi Pooja,

Does this mean with MCLK01 supplied by SOM you are able to get it working? If so, is there any other issue you are facing?

Thanks.

No ,In the audio section we didn,t faced any issues ,

I have one more query related to USB 3.1 GEN2
Now i want to test the speed of 10Gbps ,shall i connect 2 Xavier AGX carrier board to parallelly ,is that possible to check the speed like this ,

Can you please suggest us

Thanks,
Pooja Ak

Hi Pooja,

Good to know audio works for you.

I am not a USB expert, please raise a separate query in USB context and you can get help from domain experts.

Please mark the solution for current query and it can be closed.

Thanks.

Dear spujar,

Thanku!

Thanks,
Pooja Ak

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.