xavier cpu(4-7)can not work

Hi,
I find the CPU(4-7) of xavier can not work,below is the information of cpu.

nvidia@nvidia-desktop:~/work$ lscpu
Architecture:         aarch64
Byte Order:           Little Endian
CPU(s):               8
On-line CPU(s) list:  0-3
Off-line CPU(s) list: 4-7
Thread(s) per core:   1
Core(s) per socket:   2
Socket(s):            2
Vendor ID:            Nvidia
Model:                0
Model name:           ARMv8 Processor rev 0 (v8l)
Stepping:             0x0
CPU max MHz:          2265.6001
CPU min MHz:          115.2000
BogoMIPS:             62.50
L1d cache:            64K
L1i cache:            128K
L2 cache:             2048K
L3 cache:             4096K
Flags:                fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32 atomics fphp asimdhp

Have you first set to a power model which enables the cores? What do you see if you first run “sudo nvpmodel -m 0”? Then “cat /proc/cpuinfo” to see what is there.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply! When I run “sudo nvpmodel -m 0”,cpu(4-7)can work.But I do not know ,what does this mean? And how many models can we set?

There are device voltage and frequency tables (DVFS) in the kernel. Basically you can think of it as a spreadsheet of various allowed combinations of clocks and voltages. The “-m 0” is the “performance” version…this allows all cores to run and allows the full range of clocks. This mode is capable of consuming the most power. Other modes exist which are designed to reduce power consumption, but may have different trade-offs between how many cores run versus core clocking.

The “jetson_clocks” script (or in older releases “jetson_clocks.sh”) sets performance to max of a given model. To get full performance you would need to set the model to “-m 0” first, and then run jetson_clocks. “jetson_clocks” can also memorize the current state and then later set back to that memorized state. You could run “jetson_clocks” with a lower power model to maximize performance within that model, but those other models won’t consume as much power as “-m 0”.

I don’t know what all of the different nvpmodel states are, but there are tables describing each option (I just don’t remember where those are listed). Would someone else happen to know where the various nvpmodel states are described?

Someone else pointed out to me that the various models are actually listed in “/etc/nvpmodel.conf”. This is a human readable conf which is basically a list of the echo statements going in to “/sys” files.

hi,
Thank you !