Hi all expert:
I got a serious cpu bound issue on video steaming, the following is the analysis and test environment, please let me know how to resolve it. our goal is to have 50 video steaming with some video analysis on it. but now, 1. only 30 video steaming decode encounter cpu bound issue. 2. start from 3rd video steaming, there is an warming show the system is too slow.
1. H264 decode on NV command side, does it all the HW decode or apart of them is HW, Does Xavier have a dedicated hw decoder on it? If YES, does I use it correctly with the following?
2. how to improve it on Xavier platform?
- Xavier platform with JesPack-L4T-linux-x64_b39 setup on it.
- use ethernet to connect to network.
- command provided by Nvidia release doc
- use this command to start more 30 video steaming from network.
- video steaming format, H264, 640x360, 29fps
H.264 Decode (NVIDIA accelerated decode)
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=<filename.mp4> ! qtdemux name=demux
demux.video_0 ! queue ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! nveglglessink -e
while [ $c -le 5 ]
echo “open video”
gst-launch-1.0 http://www.html5videoplayer.net/videos/toystory.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux.video_0 ! queue ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! nveglglessink -e &
from opening 3rd video steaming, there will be a warming show
WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstEglGlesSink:eglglessink0: A lot of buffers are being dropped.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesink.c(2854): gst_base_sink_is_too_late (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstEglGlesSink:eglglessink0:
There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.
over 20 video steaming, the cpu, gpu usage are the following.
RAM 2444/7846MB (lfb 1194x4MB) CPU [76%@1248,off,off,73%@1257,72%@1263,70%@1255] EMC_FREQ 13%@1600 GR3D_FREQ 77%@140 NVDEC 1164 APE 150 BCPU@37C MCPU@37C GPU@35.5C PLL@37C Tboard@33C Tdiode@34.5C PMIC@100C email@example.comC VDD_IN 6011/3914 VDD_CPU 1065/437 VDD_GPU 304/203 VDD_SOC 1673/1106 VDD_WIFI 0/10 VDD_DDR 1459/854