[ Xavier NX ] power button behavior (extend)

Dear Sir,

Sorry to reply late. this item is extend from this post below.
[ Xavier NX ] power button behavior

I was plan to sort out the log and reply to you, but I was stuck with other item even now…
Apologize for that.

This log is our Hardware engineer validate with the DevKit.
She seems validate more or less 20 times, then there is once 'the system will shutdown after short power button/pin header and do nothing even the diagram is pop out.

Validate Flow.

1. Booting to OS
  2. short the power button.
    3-a if the system is no response more than 60 sec, click reboot
lanner-desktop login: [  331.252901] watchdog: watchdog0: watchdog did not stop!
[  331.256628] systemd-shutdow: 34 output lines suppressed due to ratelimiting
榳ARNING: at platform/drivers/pg/pg-gpu-t194.c:185
墁  331.587811] reboot: Restarting system
?榹hutdown state requested 1
Rebooting system ...

3-b. there is once the system will shutdown about the 20 sec.

lanner-desktop login: [  222.642306] systemd-shutdow: 46 output lines suppressed due to ratelimiting
榳ARNING: at platform/drivers/pg/pg-gpu-t194.c:185
墁  223.002448] CPU1: shutdown
[  223.004611] reboot: Power down
?榹hutdown state requested 0
Shutting down system ...

051101.log (923.4 KB)
If you need more info, I will tried to get back the devkit for more validation.

• Jetpack is 4.6.1
  • L4T is r32.6.1

Best Regards,
MOMO Chen

Best Regards,
MOMO Chen

Hi, which button do you mean? Can you take a photo of it?

Dear Trumany,

Apologize for that. let me correct my post.
Not short the power button, it should be short the pin11-12 of the J14 pin header.

Best Regards,
MOMO Chen

Are the 3-a and 3-b on same devkit? Did you check your test steps by shorting the pins and make sure the PWR_BTN is really shorted to GND every time?

Dear Trumany,

Situation 3-a and 3-b come from the same log and same devkit which we have only one suit.
I think that should be since it will pop-out the diagram with ‘shutdown/restart…etc icon’. But…as my mention at begin, this validation be test by our hardware engineer.
I only could sync with her if you need more info.

Best Regards,
MOMO Chen

Please sync with your hardware colleague about the test setting. And also please probe the POWER_EN signal to check if it is asserted when shorting PWR_BTN to GND. The power button is connected to button MCU, our software didn’t control “MCU firmware” directly.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.