Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.
• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson Xavier AGX
• DeepStream Version 5.0
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) R32, Revision 4.3
• TensorRT Version 7.1.3
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) question, new requirement
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)
I am working on a project where a high quality machine vision camera is used. This camera delivers RGB images with 12 bit per colour channel. I would like to use deepstream for video analytics. A first review of deepstream’s gstreamer plugins has shown that only 8-bit colour depth is currently supported. Is there an easy way to feed at least the nvinfer plugin with 12-bit colour depth?
We have already trained and tested a pytorch model for our application in TensorRT. With 12-bit colour depth of the input image and float16 inference it delivers much better results than with 8-bit colour depth.