2060 super not working after Ubuntu 18 to 20 update

Forgive me if I’m not providing the correct title here, but I feel as though my problem may be encompassing a few others problems that I have seen on here but in implementing their solutions I haven’t been able to fix my own.

I updated to ubuntu 20 from 18 on a z390 pro wifi/i9900/2060 super machine sometime last week and initially everything worked well. After my first reboot however all I was seeing was a blank screen with a flashing underscore. I tried to purge nvidia-* and reinstall drivers with no success.

I should say that I have a Windows/Linux set up on two seperate drives with grub on linux and defaulting to linux. However since the linux upgrade my GPU has not seemed to work on windows either.

I also saw a post in which a user reported seeing the following:
[ 7.749965] NVRM: GPU 0000:04:00.0: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x26:0xffff:1155)
[ 7.751263] NVRM: GPU 0000:04:00.0: rm_init_adapter failed, device minor number 0

and while those are not my numbers I did see the same output as far as the errors go.

I have honestly tried so many solutions and am willing to try and report back to anyone with anything.

@generix help haha, almost every thread I’ve seen that is related has had you coming in to rescue the day.

The following are threads I that, although I still don’t have a solution, have seemed useful: