4K resolution over HDMI with linux driver

Hi,

Is it possible to output 4096x2160 over single link HDMI using any available linux NVIDIA drivers?

I have been testing with a 4K monitor using GTX680 and Quadro K5000 GPUs. Both cards report a maximum single link TMDS pixel clock of 165MHz when connected to the monitor via HDMI.

I am using the latest drivers, 313.26. Using display-port or dual-link DVI is not an option with the 4K monitor we are testing with.

Thanks

Bleh. I suspected this problem. See my post here:

I have a feeling we are both using the same display? I haven’t received mine yet but just previous experience with nvidia/HDMI made me think this might happen.

I am getting mine tomorrow so I will report back but have you tried dumping the EDID (from windows or something) to make a modeline for linux and forcing it?

Adding the following under device should allow you to force more bandwidth over it:

Option “UseEDID” “FALSE”
Option “ExactModeTimingsDVI” “True”
Option “NoBandWidthTest” “true”
Option “ModeValidation” “AllowNon60hzmodesDFPModes, NoEDIDDFPMaxSizeCheck, NoVertRefreshCheck, NoHorizSyncCheck, NoDFPNativeResolutionCheck, NoMaxSizeCheck, NoMaxPClkCheck, NoEDIDModes”

I am not sure what the 3840x2160 timings look like for the display though. You could try:

Modeline “3840x2160” 327.25 3840 4080 4488 5136 2160 2163 2168 2199 -hsync +vsync