About the test of 10 Gigabit network port

hello,Nvidia
I have two AGX Orin and have connected them using a Category 7 cable. I hope to test the true speed of 10 Gigabit network. I used iperf3 for testing, and the command for the client Orin is:
iperf3 -c 192.168.3.199 --reverse -t 20
The command for the server Orin is:
iperf3 -s
However, the results I obtained were not satisfactory, as shown in the figure below.
Could you tell me why the test speed cannot reach 10 Gbits/sec?

thanks!

Please use jp5.1.
Disable the desktop gui and run the test again.

WayneWWW:
As shown in the picture below, one of my orin is 35.1 and the other is 34.1. Do you think this will be an influencing factor?

At the same time, I don’t understand why the desktop GUI will affect the network speed measurement. Is it the problem of CPU load?

Hi,

Yes, there are lots of ethernet driver patch missing on those two releases.

At the same time, I don’t understand why the desktop GUI will affect the network speed measurement. Is it the problem of CPU load?

I don’t understand either. But this indeed has something with etherent perf. Not yet looking into this.

Thank you so much for your quick reply, I will retest as you suggested!

Hello, Nvidia.
Thank you for your guidance. I have upgraded my system from 34.0.1 to 35.2 and disabled the desktop GUI program in both orins.
I then retested it and obtained the following results, Of course, his speed is indeed faster than before,but which still did not achieve the desired speed. Do you have any suggestions?

The following command proves that the desktop gui program is disabled.

thanks.