AGX Orin Dev. Kit reflash issue on NVME (backup and restore)

I’m using the Jetson AGX Orin 64GB with JP 5.1.2.

I want to clone all partition image to same HW spec Jetson AGX Orin 64GB. (NVMe to NVMe)
Backup is okay, but the restore is failed with attached log.

backup for

sudo ./tools/backup_restore/l4t_backup_restore.sh -e nvme0n1 -b jetson-agx-orin-devkit

restore for

sudo ./tools/backup_restore/l4t_backup_restore.sh -e nvme0n1 -r jetson-agx-orin-devkit

restore_error.log (95.2 KB)

What do you get from serial console log when the restore process failed?
Can you see anything under /dev/ in initrd?

serial_console_log.txt (83.7 KB)
initrd_dev_list.txt (19.1 KB)
Please check log files.
Thanks!

Did you make any changes in the initrd image?
Does swapping for another NVMe drive make any changes?

I’m not sure if it has anything to do with initrd, but I did try to modify uefi-related code.(edk2)
However, even after restoring it, it did not work the same way.
I tried the same thing with a different dev kit, but the result was the same.

Then maybe try another NVMe drive, or see if it also happens on USB drives.

Same.
Is it affected by Host OS?
My host OS is Ubuntu 18.04.

We haven’t met such error before, so it’s hard to judge.
Ubuntu 20.04 should also theoretically do it.

Okay. you mean that the Host OS doesn’t cause this issue.

01:00:47 anthony@thanos Linux_for_Tegra → sudo ./tools/backup_restore/l4t_backup_restore.sh -e nvme0n1 -r jetson-agx-orin-devkit
/home/anthony/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.1.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_ORIN_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash_internal.sh --no-flash --initrd --showlogs jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1
*  Step 1: Generate rcm boot commandline *
ROOTFS_AB= ROOTFS_ENC= /home/anthony/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.1.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_ORIN_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/flash.sh  --no-flash --rcm-boot jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1
###############################################################################
# L4T BSP Information:
# R35 , REVISION: 4.1
# User release: 0.0
###############################################################################
copying emc_fuse_dev_params(/home/anthony/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.1.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_ORIN_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/t186ref/BCT/tegra234-br-bct-diag-boot.dts)... done.
copying device_config(/home/anthony/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.1.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_ORIN_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/t186ref/BCT/tegra234-mb1-bct-device-p3701-0000.dts)... done.
copying misc_config(/home/anthony/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.1.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_ORIN_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/t186ref/BCT/tegra234-mb1-bct-misc-p3701-0000.dts)... done.
./tegraflash.py --chip 0x23 --applet "/home/anthony/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.1.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_ORIN_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t234_prod.bin" --skipuid --cfg readinfo_t234_min_prod.xml --dev_params tegra234-br-bct-diag-boot.dts --device_config tegra234-mb1-bct-device-p3701-0000.dts --misc_config tegra234-mb1-bct-misc-p3701-0000.dts --bins "mb2_applet applet_t234.bin" --cmd "dump eeprom cvm cvm.bin; dump custinfo custinfo_out.bin; reboot recovery" 
Welcome to Tegra Flash
version 1.0.0
Type ? or help for help and q or quit to exit
Use ! to execute system commands

Even though the nvme option(-e nvme0n1) is given, I can see some emmc-related arguments in the log. Is this normal?

YES.
It’s expected and should not cause the issue.

I think it was a UEFI version issue.
I matched the UEFI bootloader version (link) with JP 5.1.2 and confirmed that backup and restore were performed normally.

Thanks DaveYYY

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.