Alternative to Using JetPack

Trying to flash my TK1 board and can not get past the install on the host.

I tried JetPack 2.3 and JetPack 2.0 and it fails exactly same way. Here is log:

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
cuda-toolkit-6-5 : Depends: cuda-visual-tools-6-5 (= 6.5-50) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I tried uninstall JetPack 2.3 and then install JetPack 2.0 and get same failure.

Can I complete the flash and then try to install cuda later? Should I try alternative to JetPack?

I don’t use JetPack so there is a lot I can’t tell you about it, but flash is always possible without installing other packages via JetPack. JetPack is just a front end and you can flash and not check anything else. Or you can run JetPack later and install packages without flashing. You can also flash via command line and later go back and use JetPack for additional package install.

For command line flash you can use the driver package plus sample rootfs (JetPack probably already downloaded and unpacked this). Wherever you or JetPack have installed the driver package there will be a “Linux_for_Tegra” directory…this is the driver package. The subdirectory within this is “rootfs”, and is where the sample rootfs would have been unpacked using sudo (probably JetPack already did this…see if there is a Linux file system there). If sample rootfs was already unpacked, the Linux_for_Tegra directory has “apply_binaries.sh”, and you’d then run “sudo ./apply_binaries.sh” (although JetPack already did this it won’t hurt to do it again). Following this a Jetson in recovery mode can be flashed via:

sudo ./flash.sh -S 14580MiB jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1

Thank you for responding. I am just doing install without JetPack now. WHere did the above command come from? I found an install manual that showed:
sudo ./flash.sh -S 8GiB ${Jetson-tk1} mmcblk0p1

It worked! Thank you very much. I still don’t know why jetpack did not work but I am hoping that what I just did installed everthing that jetpack would have.

I think the older documentation is centered on minimal requirements for disk space. The amount I used (14580MiB) is the absolute max use of eMMC without wasted space. This was basically trial and error experience from a number of people early on in the release of the Jetson TK1.

I edited the title of this thread since I marked it as answered. It got me where I needed, but it did not answer part of my original question. So I will start a separate thread on why I cant get JetPack to work