apt-get update error due to libopencv4tegra-repo problem

Hello,

I am getting an error while running apt-get update on both my nvidia jetson tk2 and host computer.

I am getting the following error:

Ign:13 file:/var/libopencv4tegra-repo Release.gpg
Reading package lists… Done
W: Invalid ‘Date’ entry in Release file /var/lib/apt/lists/_var_nv-gie-repo-ga-cuda8.0-gie1.0-20170116_Release
W: GPG error: file:/var/libopencv4tegra-repo Release: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY D88C3D385C37D3BE
W: The repository ‘file:/var/libopencv4tegra-repo Release’ is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can’t be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
W: Invalid ‘Date’ entry in Release file /var/lib/apt/lists/_var_libopencv4tegra-repo_Release

Which has effectively blocked me from developing on my host computer as well.

Any ideas/recomendations/help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
C.

Hi cambazz,

It seems the problem you met is similar as below topic, and some suggestions there for your reference:
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1002140/apt-get-update-errors/[/url]

Thanks

Almost one year later there is still no solution from you guys?..

Ran into the same problem:
Ign:7 file:/var/libopencv4tegra-repo Release.gpg
Reading package lists… Done
W: GPG error: file:/var/libopencv4tegra-repo Release: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 1A2E4274AC7A8482
W: The repository ‘file:/var/libopencv4tegra-repo Release’ is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can’t be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
W: Invalid ‘Date’ entry in Release file /var/lib/apt/lists/_var_libopencv4tegra-repo_Release

The only workaround I could find was - to remove this misconfigured repo completely from apt (adding the key manually doesn’t work as it’s not registered by Nvidia)…
When do you expect it to be fixed finally? In Jetpack 3.2?

Hi alexander1jklh,

We mentioned it at release notes as below, and it’s only a warning message and doesn’t affect the functionality of subsequent “apt-get update”:
The public key to verify the OpenCV4Tegra dpkg-format package is not provided, so warning messages will be seen during installation and during subsequent package management updates.

Thanks

I removed the warning by doing the following:

1. sudo dpkg -r libopencv4tegra-repo
  2. sudo dpkg --purge libopencv4tegra-repo

After that, you can use sudo apt-get update. It should have no more warning.

I was able to solve the problem with:

sudo apt-key add /var/cuda-repo-9-0-local/7fa2af80.pub

Just trying to follow the official installation procedure for CUDA-9.2 in:

[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads?target_os=Linux&target_arch=x86_64&target_distro=Ubuntu&target_version=1604&target_type=deblocal[/url]

@santagos,

Your fix looks more related to cuda-repo. This topic is about a libopencv4tegra-repo, it is also a signing issue, but not sure these are related.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.