Argus error on Nano after previous success with Arducam multi-camera adapter board

I would appreciate help getting this figured out.

I have run into an error with libargus while running nvgstcapture-1.0.

I have been experimenting with the Arducam multi camera adapter board. I had the system running successfully using a modified version of the sample file “Multi-Camera-Adapter-Demo.py”. After a reboot it now is giving me some error messages:

CONSUMER: Producer has connected; continuing.
nvbuf_utils: dmabuf_fd -1 mapped entry NOT found
nvbuf_utils: Can not get HW buffer from FD… Exiting…
CONSUMER: ERROR OCCURRED
(Argus) Error EndOfFile: Unexpected error in reading socket (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 266)
(Argus) Error EndOfFile: Receiving thread terminated with error (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadWrapper(), line 368)

The error occurs after executing the following line:
nvgstcapture-1.0 -A --capture-auto -S 0 --image-res=3

The only thing I did that is potentially unusual is after powering down the Nano I disconnected the multi-camera adapter board and connected the Nano to a second connector board. The program worked as intended on this board but when switched back to the first multi-camera adapter board the error appeared.

Does this script from Arducam?
Please consult to vendor to get help on it.

@ShaneCCC, sorry, I should have more accurately identified the error from the start.

I identified that the error is occurring within nvgstcapture-1.0. Is that something I can get help with here? I will edit my post to mention this at the the beginning. I am also going to remove the full length code and terminal message to a reply so that it doesnt distract from the actual topic.

Below are the specific lines that the error occurs while running:
nvgstcapture-1.0 -A --capture-auto -S 0 --image-res=3
This happens both with this simpler version as well as what is in the code above.

The parameter does matter with the error? Like if nvgstcapture-1.0 without any parameter.
Does below v4l2-ctl able to capture from sensor?

v4l2-ctl --stream-mmap --stream-count=100 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 -d /dev/video0

nvgstcapture-1.0 without any parameters also fails. Let me know if you would like me to provide the termainal text. I have the text with errors from the original one with arguments and different text when it is run with no arguments.

the v4l2-ctl you provided results in the following message:
bash: v4l2-ctl: command not found

Install it by sudo apt-get install v4l-utils

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.