Black screen after installing driver

I tried to install the NVIDIA driver of my GT710 in Centos. After I install the 460.84 driver, I reboot my PC.
When connect the monitor to the VGA on the mainboard, it will stuck in the following screen
When connect the monitor to the VGA on the GT710, it will get a black screen after entering the system.
I search a lot, but I have no idea how to fix it. Thx.

There are different chips used on GT710, please try using the 390 legacy driver. If that doesn’t help, run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

OK, Thx, I will try it out.

I can’t find the download link of 390 legacy driver that satisfies GT 710,So I run nvidia-bug-report.sh and upload the nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file.

nvidia-bug-report.LOG (1.0 MB)

The driver is the correct version but you installed without opengl files and the monitor seems to be connected to the onboard graphics. What do you intend to use the GT710 for?

I have ever installed the drive with OpenGL files, but it has the same result. Otherwise, when connect the monitor to the VGA on the GT710, it will get a black screen after entering the system. In order to 'run nvidia-bug-report.sh ', I have to connect it to the onboard graphics.

I have a 2k monitor that only have hdmi. However, the onboard graphics only have a VGA. Therefore, I try to use GT710 to light up my monitor.

Ok, makes sense.
Please reinstall the driver with opengl files as centos is using gnome which needs those to start. Please delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf and create /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-nvidia-primary.conf

Section "OutputClass"
    Identifier     "nvidia primary"
    MatchDriver    "nvidia-drm"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration" "true"
    Option "PrimaryGpu" "true"
EndSection

then reboot and create a new nvidia-bug-report.log.

2nvidia-bug-report.LOG (1.6 MB)

There doesn’t seem to be any Xserver starting, can you start it using startx?