I want to report a bug about the Blender software. I’ve reported this bug on the official blender website and it seems like more people have the same problem after a driver update. Basically if I run the software on the integrated intel graphics it works just fine but if I do it with the nvidia gpu it is slow. Really slow.
- Operating system version: Windows 10 64 bit
- Graphics hardware: NVIDIA GeForcee 940MX 2GB
- Graphics driver version: 376.19 (also runs slow on the previous version. It ran 100% fine with the version before the last two released)
- Display Control Panel settings for screen resolution, monitor configs, and driver settings:
NVIDIA System Information report created on: 12/06/2016 01:51:19 System name: DESKTOP-ARLDT0U [Display] Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation, 64-bit DirectX version: 12.0 GPU processor: GeForce 940MX Driver version: 376.19 Direct3D API version: 12 Direct3D feature level: 11_0 CUDA Cores: 512 Core clock: 795 MHz Memory data rate: 5010 MHz Memory interface: 64-bit Memory bandwidth: 40.08 GB/s Total available graphics memory: 4030 MB Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB GDDR5 System video memory: 0 MB Shared system memory: 1982 MB Video BIOS version: 82.07.9B.00.AB IRQ: Not used Bus: PCI Express x4 Gen3 Device Id: 10DE 179C 10941025 Part Number: 2704 0010 [Components] NvGFTrayPluginr.dll 188.8.131.52 NVIDIA GeForce Experience NvGFTrayPlugin.dll 184.108.40.206 NVIDIA GeForce Experience nvui.dll 220.127.116.1119 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component nvxdsync.exe 18.104.22.16819 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component nvxdplcy.dll 22.214.171.12419 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component nvxdbat.dll 126.96.36.19919 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component nvxdapix.dll 188.8.131.5219 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component NVCPL.DLL 184.108.40.20619 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component nvCplUIR.dll 8.1.960.0 NVIDIA Control Panel nvCplUI.exe 8.1.960.0 NVIDIA Control Panel nvWSSR.dll 220.127.116.1119 NVIDIA Workstation Server nvWSS.dll 18.104.22.16819 NVIDIA Workstation Server nvViTvSR.dll 22.214.171.12419 NVIDIA Video Server nvViTvS.dll 126.96.36.19919 NVIDIA Video Server nvDispSR.dll 188.8.131.5219 NVIDIA Display Server NVMCTRAY.DLL 184.108.40.20619 NVIDIA Media Center Library nvDispS.dll 220.127.116.1119 NVIDIA Display Server PhysX 09.16.0318 NVIDIA PhysX NVCUDA.DLL 18.104.22.16819 NVIDIA CUDA 8.0.0 driver nvGameSR.dll 22.214.171.12419 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server nvGameS.dll 126.96.36.19919 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
- Description of single steps to reproduce the problem: Just open Blender on this driver with this GPU i guess.
- If there is a crash in an NVIDIA module: The rest of the programs work just fine. I can run 1080p video and even 4k (youtube) just fine. The game experience didn’t change the only thing that doesn’t work is this blender. I’d love to get it fixed in the future updates, its way easier to render 3d graphics with your gpu. By easier i mean faster.