Build the kernel Orin

I followed the documentation Kernel Customization — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation
to build the kernel and ran into a problem at step 5 .

But I can’t find the modules folder under this path.
I have unzipped this archive Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R35.1.0_aarch64.tbz2“” and placed it in the rootfs folder.
Do I need to do anything else?

Hi,
Please download the system image through SDKManager and you shall see it in

~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_ORIN_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra$ sudo find -name nvgpu.ko
./rootfs/usr/lib/modules/5.10.104-tegra/kernel/drivers/gpu/nvgpu/nvgpu.ko

Ok I found it thanks.
But I have one more question, how do I get this file if I don’t use SDKmanager?
Thanks!

I found it thanks.
But I have one more question, how do I get this file if I don’t use SDKmanager?
Thanks!

Hi,
It is in debian package and will be installed after executing:

r35_1/Linux_for_Tegra$ sudo ./apply_binaries.sh

I built the kernel accoding to the documentation Kernel Customization — Jetson Linux
Developer Guide 34.1 documentation
When i flash to the USB device ,it failed.

I compared the compiled folder with the folder generated by SDKmanager.
this is the folder generating by SDKmanager.

but in this path “Jetson_Linux_R35.1.0_aarch64/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/signed”, it has nothing

What should I run to get these files?
Thanks

Hi,
You would need to download the complete package through SDKManager or manually download/extract the packages:
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/l4t/r35_release_v1.0/release/jetson_linux_r35.1.0_aarch64.tbz2
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/l4t/r35_release_v1.0/release/tegra_linux_sample-root-filesystem_r35.1.0_aarch64.tbz2

And then follow the steps in document to replace self-built kernel image/device tree. So that no files are missed.

Following the steps in document We have successfully compiled the kernel and replaced the image and device tree.
But when i want to flash into the USB device ,it failed.

In the folders generating from SDKmanager,I flashed successfully using the same command

Following the steps in document We have successfully compiled the kernel and replaced the image and device tree.
But when i want to flash into the USB device ,it failed.

In the folders generating from SDKmanager,I flashed successfully using the same command

Hi,
You need to use initrd to flash to external storage. Please refer to this README:

Linux_for_Tegra\tools\kernel_flash\README_initrd_flash.txt

I have read this documentation and have successfully flashed to the USB device using the workflow11 command, under the folder generated by SDKmanager. I have followed the official documentation and link above to download the source code, compiled it successfully and flashed it to the USB but encountered the problem as shown in the picture. Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Hi,
Do you use Orin developer kit or your own custom board?

It is Orin developer kit

Hi,
So you insert a USB disk to a type-A port on Orin developer kit, execute initrd to flash rootfs to the disk, and it gets stuck in middle of flashing. Is it correct?

I insert the USB to the pc. I execute initrd to flash rootfs to the disk,
I use the command:sudo BOARDID=3701 BOARDSKU=0000 FAB=TS4 BOARDREV=A.0 ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -S 20GiB --external-device sda1 --direct sdb jetson-agx-orin-devkit external
it gets stuck in middle of flashing.

Hi,
Your setup looks not right. Should insert one USB disk to Orin developer kit. Please try to flash through SDKManager. USB is an option for storage in SDKManager.

We used the same connection method and command and ran it in the folder generated by SDKmanager and it has been successfully flashed into the USB.But after we successfully compiled the folder swipe ourselves, we encountered the problem in the image above.
I copied the signed file which is generated by SDKmanager to my own compiled folder, so that it can be successfully flashed into the USB. How did the files in this folder get generated?

[/quote]

Hi,

I am not sure why this command needs to be done by you. Could you try to run

“sudo ./flash.sh --no-flash xxxx mmcblk0p1” Replace xxx to your board config and it shall generate those files.

I tried, but still not exist.

How about this?