CAN MY LAPTOP RUN NVIDIA CUDA?

[b]I recently learned about this new program from NVIDIA, called CUDA. I have been trying to get my laptop to run the program since yesterday. I have yet to succeed.

My laptop Specs are:

Intel Core2 Quad Q9000 2.0GHz (6MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz 2 x 2048MB
17.0in. WXGA+,LCD,ANW,M17X
1GB Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M - SLI Enabled (NB10E-GT1)
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW)
Internal 300Mbps Dual-Band a/g/n 2x2 MIMO
Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR

If my laptop can run CUDA, please tell me how.

Thank You![/b]

[url=“http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=156564&hl=”]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=156564&hl=[/url]

[url=“The Official NVIDIA Forums | NVIDIA”]The Official NVIDIA Forums | NVIDIA

Glad you found the correct place to post. You do have the ability to go back and close those threads. Now I will exit so someone more knowledgable than I in this area may help you.

And Welcome to the forums .

It surely can run CUDA application, not sure how “well” though.

I did experience difficulties configuring two dual GTX280M laptops running win7 x64.

To get both cards recognized by CUDA, I had to:

[indent]1. install laptop drivers 195.62 (195.81 made no difference)

1. disable SLI (otherwise both devices are listed, but any CUDA application trying to utilize both will crash!)

2. edit the registry “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}”, not the video ones see tmurray’s post about that

3. and of course, install the CUDA Toolkit (note: if you install the 3.0 version, you’ll probably need to copy and rename the cudart*.dll to cudart.dll so that apps compiled with <=2.3 can run)

[/indent]

CUDA apps then recognize both graphic cards, and can run computation on them.

I am still experiencing a 5s to 15s freeze (don’t know if it’s only graphics or whole computer) each time any app utilizing GPU initializes … which is kind of “annoying”, especially when you spend the extra money to buy dual gpu laptop to show your app can run in 10s, but you loose an extra 15s initializing!

Let me know if you get this same “app-init-freeze” with your setup.

Good luck :rolleyes: