Can we do OTA upgrade from jetpack 4.6.1 to jetpack 5.0.2?

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) - Jetson Xavier NX emmc kit

Can I do OTA upgrade from jetpack 4.6.1 to jetpack 5.0.2 directly?

No, the boot content of JetPack 4.6.1 release is incompatible with that of JetPack 5.0.2 release., suggest to do the reflash by SDK manager.

Can I upgrade from jetpack 4.6.1 to jetpack 5.0.1?
What if we can’t have a direct connection between Jetson device and the host machine? So is there any other way other than sdkmanager to upgrade jetpack to 5.0.2?

JetPack 4.x releases are incompatible with that of JetPack 5.x releases.

Please have a host PC to do the reflash.

Hi nav007verma,

Please follow document Image-Based Over-the-Air Update steps to updates from version 32.7.x to version 35.1.
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r35.1/DeveloperGuide/text/SD/SoftwarePackagesAndTheUpdateMechanism.html?highlight=over%20air#over-the-air-update

Over-the-Air (OTA) Update :
Upgrading from release 32.x to release 35.x is not supported.

You also can use SDK Manager to flash the latest JetPack.

If I have L4T version 32.7.1, then I can update it to L4T 35.1. Right?

Hi nav007verma,

You can use SDK Manager or flash by manually to upgrade or downgrade JetPack version on your Xavier-NX.
Please reference JetPack Archive | NVIDIA Developer

For using SDK Manager or flashing manually we need physical communication between the host pc and jetson device, But this is not possible in my scenario.

Hi nav007verma,

We’re only support upgrade from old BSP to new BSP, not support downgrade.
If you don’t have host PC, please reference “Image-Based Over-the-Air Update” or “Over-the Air Update” steps.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.