Cannot Control GPU Fan on Ubuntu - UKNOWN ERROR MESSAGE

I just bought 2 RTX3080 for research purposes to replace my old AMD cards hoping for better performance. However, after building my new PC, installing the latest Ubuntu along with Nvidia latest driver, and setting up the xorg config files I was surprised when I got an error stating that the fan control value cannot be assigned due to an unknown error. From there I slid down the rabbit whole. It has been more than 3 weeks trying every solution and every tool without any difference.

I changed the coolbits values to 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 16 31 1248 248 28 24. I added the coolbits to nvidia config file located at /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/. I called nvidia-xconfig with the coolbits arguements. In addition I tried calling nvidia-settings using Xauthority instead of just issuing the command using sudo still without any success. When all this failed I started installing and purging drivers. But still without any success.

Please I desperately need help my project is due in 2 months and I am still stuck trying to control my Fans. This is absolutely unfair considering the fact that I ran them on a Windows10 machine and it worked perfectly using MSI Afterburner. This is the first time in more than 10 years I installed windows and there is no way i am going to use Windows to be able to use my RTX3080. The only solution I see after this thread is returning this incompatible piece of crab and settle with what has been working with me. Which is in my case AMD Graphic Cards.

Again I am using latest Ubuntu
All available drivers have been tried
All coolbits values have been tried
All config files have been edited correctly

This is the exact error message after the state success message (Attribute ‘GPUFanControlState’ (****:0[gpu:0]) assigned value 1.)

ERROR: Error assigning value 50 to attribute ‘GPUTargetFanSpeed’
(****:0[fan:0]) as specified in assignment
‘[fan:0]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=50’ (Unknown Error).