Cannot get 2nd Monitor to Work

I have read a ton of posts but nothing helps. I cannot get my second monitor working.
Ubuntu 20.04,
Dell 5810,
(2) P-5000 GPUs,
Driver Version: 515.48.07

What is odd is when I go into settings, I cannot ‘join’ the displays. Settings ‘sees’ bot monitors but won’t let me join them. There are no blacklist files that I can find.

Here is a bug report.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (631.4 KB)

If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. This is a fresh install of 20.04 today. The only way pay a purple screen was to unplug the second monitor. The monitors are each plugged into a card.

Thanks,
Doug

Please make sure

sudo cat /sys/module/nvidia_drm/parameters/modeset

returns ‘N’, then use only this minimal xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "Quadro P5000"
    BusID          "PCI:179:0:0"
    Option         "BaseMosaic" "true"
EndSection

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately they did not help. I decided that I may have mucked with enough stuff that reloading the OS was in order. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I grabbed Ubuntu 22.04. I am stuck at a gray-black screen when the system boots. I have a mouse pointer but nothing else. I can get to a console.

I have change the /etc/default/grub file and remoded splash and quiet and added nomodeset and then ran update-grub. That did not change anything. I also created a blacklist-nvidia-nouveau.conf in /etc/modprobe.d. To this file I added two lines
blacklist nouveau
options nouveau modeset=0
and then ran update-initramfs -u and rebooted. No change. I can do a nvidia-smi and get a response so some thing is installed.

If you have any ideas I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Doug

Please create a new nvidia-bug-report.log.

Apologies. I neglected to include a bug report.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (559.9 KB)

This morning after sending you the bug report, I disconnected the second monitor and now the desktop is available on the first monitor.

Should I remove the nomodeset from the grub defaults and rebuild grub and see what happens?

Which version of the Driver should I be using? 515?

Should I plug both monitors into the same card or is it OK to have a monitor plugged into each card?

I apologize for the questions, but now that a little progress has been made I would like to get the second monitor working as well then document how I got here in case I have to reload my system.

I tried up upload another bug report from after I unplugged one monitor but it takes forever so I gave up.

Thanks,
Doug